About Me

My photo

Our Fantastically Fabulous Team of Pet Professionals at Barks and Blooms is dedicated to earn your trust through our integrity and professionalism. We proudly service our clients at our doggie day care facility or in your home. Our services range from in-home pet sitting of dogs, cats and critters to plant watering & mail retrieval.
Barks and Blooms offers a full range of Fantastic services to give you the confidence you need to enjoy for your pets and home.

Thursday, February 18, 2016

And Now....A Taco Recipe

There's more to the pet sitting business than poo bags in every jacket pocket and wearing dog hair as an accessory.  Do I think and speak dog care most of my days?  Yes, I do.  But, a girl's gotta eat.

I am a fan of tacos.  I really like the hard shell tacos, but really hate the crumbling-messy-juice-running-down-my-wrist catastrophe that eating them usually involves.  I mean, you have to turn your head to at least a 45 degree angle and let the taco juice run into your ear or unhinge your jaw to get a taste of all the layers, not just a mouthful of cheese or sour cream.

I found a recipe for Easy Oven Baked Spicy Chicken Tacos on a foodie site called The Cookie Rookie.  BAKED TACOS?  Why hadn't I thought of this?
Photo from The Cookie Rookie page

I followed the recipe, but switched out ground beef for the chicken (planning ahead is a skill I'm still developing) and left out the refried beans (my family refuses to entertain the idea of eating them, even though they are DELICIOUS)

I have no pictures of the cooking process.  I have no step by step descriptions.
I have only this.
My humble opinion.
You MUST make these.  They are tasty, they are not messy.  And you won't have to unhinge your jaw or slice a gum open trying to fit them in your mouth.  The shells are warm and pliable (not soggy) and able to receive additional toppings if you desire.





5 comments:

  1. Being a native Californian, the love of Mexican food is in are DNA. I can eat a good taco any day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend who was born in Southern California (practically Mexico) and she makes the BEST tacos. Mine are not that, but they make this East Coast girl happy. :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Yum these looks delicious! And if they're easier to eat all the better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a former member of Weight Watchers, I applaud anything baked. It's been a while and I may just try this. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying it with chicken this week.. Happy Monday! Thanks for stopping by, Alana.

    ReplyDelete