Thursday, February 18, 2016

And Now....A Taco Recipe

There's more to the pet sitting business than poo bags in every jacket pocket and wearing dog hair as an accessory.  Do I think and speak dog care most of my days?  Yes, I do.  But, a girl's gotta eat.

I am a fan of tacos.  I really like the hard shell tacos, but really hate the crumbling-messy-juice-running-down-my-wrist catastrophe that eating them usually involves.  I mean, you have to turn your head to at least a 45 degree angle and let the taco juice run into your ear or unhinge your jaw to get a taste of all the layers, not just a mouthful of cheese or sour cream.

I found a recipe for Easy Oven Baked Spicy Chicken Tacos on a foodie site called The Cookie Rookie.  BAKED TACOS?  Why hadn't I thought of this?
Photo from The Cookie Rookie page

I followed the recipe, but switched out ground beef for the chicken (planning ahead is a skill I'm still developing) and left out the refried beans (my family refuses to entertain the idea of eating them, even though they are DELICIOUS)

I have no pictures of the cooking process.  I have no step by step descriptions.
I have only this.
My humble opinion.
You MUST make these.  They are tasty, they are not messy.  And you won't have to unhinge your jaw or slice a gum open trying to fit them in your mouth.  The shells are warm and pliable (not soggy) and able to receive additional toppings if you desire.





5 comments:

  1. Being a native Californian, the love of Mexican food is in are DNA. I can eat a good taco any day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend who was born in Southern California (practically Mexico) and she makes the BEST tacos. Mine are not that, but they make this East Coast girl happy. :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Yum these looks delicious! And if they're easier to eat all the better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a former member of Weight Watchers, I applaud anything baked. It's been a while and I may just try this. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying it with chicken this week.. Happy Monday! Thanks for stopping by, Alana.

    ReplyDelete