Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Adoptables--Trinket




Hi! I'm Trinket!! 

I've had a few tough moments in my life, but I am hoping my luck has turned and that I will find a loving home where I can get better and heal. Even though I have had some hard times, somehow I have managed to keep myself upbeat and full of love, and this is what has helped save me. And since I am GREAT with kids-- as you can see in the picture-- and good with other dogs-- I hope this will help me find my forever family. 


You may be wondering what makes me a "special needs" pup… Well hopefully this will be temporary. I arrived to Animal Control with a very visible leg deformity, and so I wasn't really high on their " fit to be adopted out" list, and then when the shelter became full, I almost ran out of time. Lucky for me, volunteers noticed me and my sparkling personality and campaigned hard to save my life... I almost became a Facebook celebrity, if I may say because they felt so strongly that I deserved a chance. 



And thanks to all their hard work and all the wonderful people, I am here today!! 



The good news is that, my care taker and rescue took me to have X-rays done of my leg and they firgured out it isn't a deformity that is wrong with my leg! They learned that my elbow was broken as a puppy and unfortunately my leg was never reset, so it healed back funny. The doctors say my leg can be fixed and my friends are raising the money to have it done. I do have to admit, it doesn't feel very good to walk like this, and it does hurt, but I try to ignore it and stay happy and upbeat, because I do realize I am still a lucky pup! However I would really LOVE to have my leg fixed so that I can walk and run like the other dogs do. And that is what I am hoping for-- I cannot have my surgery until I am in a furever home that is willing to help me with recovery. Until that happens, I have to wait for my surgery! (The surgery and follow up visits is fully covered by my caretaker-- so don't worry about that! I just need a forever family to help me heal!)



A little more about me: I'm about 2 1/2 year old girl, who is great with children of all ages and good with other dogs. I love attention to myself though, so may do better as an only dog in a home setting. I'm told, I'm sweet as pie and hope that you will consider welcoming me in your family, help me get my surgery so I can be a normal pup!



Love,
Trinket


For more information about me, please contact my friend Dara at dara@tabbytime.net or http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/MD63.html


If you are able to help chip in for her surgery, It would make a huge difference. Trinket says thank you very much! http://www.gofundme.com/1x89z8


All rescued dogs are vet checked, microchipped, vaccinated and spayed or neutered. All adoptions are refundable for up to 60 days. Adoption fees range from $100 to $400 depending upon the age and breed of the pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment