Has your pet ever eaten something it shouldn't? Like a balloon?
Giving your dog 3 percent hydrogen peroxide is an effective and safe way to make it throw up the item it swallowed. Give one teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide for every 10 pounds of body weight (up to 9 tsps). You can administer the hydrogen peroxide with an eyedropper or a syringe aimed to the back of your dog's throat. This method will take up to 20 minutes to take effect.
DO NOT make your pet throw up if the toxin is caustic like drain cleaner, acidic (like battery acid), or a petroleum-based product. If you are unsure if the material that was ingested is toxic, contact your personal vet or emergency vet (if after hours) and let them tell you how best to handle the situation. (Animal Poison Control at 888-426-4435 is an option, but there is a $65 fee for this service.)
DO NOT induce vomiting if the animal's heart rate is very slow or if the object eaten was pointed or sharp (like a cooked chicken bone)
If you dog has a wound from another animal biting it, seek immediate veterinary advice. For after-the-vet at home care, you can clean the area gently with a hydrogen peroxide moistened gauze three or four times a day, followed by triple-antibiotic ointment. It is important to monitor the wound for infections by looking for
A: Excessive redness
If you see any of the above, a re-check with the vet may be needed.